[Buildroot] built without large file support

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jul 9 14:39:38 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert B Williams <rwilliams at valcom.com> writes:

Hi,

 Robert> Am trying to compile grub and it is complaining that large
 Robert> file support is turned off and that _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.  I
 Robert> guess one of these things needs to change....

Hmm, it looks like that should be handled by
grub.300-honor_UCLIBC_HAS_LFS.patch - Does that get applied?

 Robert>  From menuconfig I tried to enable large file support in the
 Robert> toolchain area....no affect.

You'll have to remove your *_build_* dirs and run make again to
rebuild your toolchain with large file support.

 Robert> 2nd:
 Robert> What do I need to do to boot linux with root filesystem in flash?

mtd + filesystem support in your kernel and then enable
cramfs/squashfs/jffs2 images under target.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard