[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jul 7 14:47:30 UTC 2008

 Ulf> Bernhard Fischer skrev:

 >>> Is not something like the following to be preferred?

 Ulf> Previously the special make targets to check availability
 Ulf> of packages on internet would download each target
 Ulf> even if the target existed in $(DL_DIR) creating
 Ulf> <package>.tar.bz2.<n>, or it would not check
 Ulf> the package at all.

Only if you're using your new make log target.

 Ulf> Peter introduced a fix where he will treat the download
 Ulf> differently if the MAKELEVEL=0 (normal) or if the
 Ulf> MAKELEVEL=1 which is the case for make source-check
 Ulf> and make external-deps.

Exactly. Makefile.autootols.in has always been broken for source-check
/ external-deps. My change was a very small and low impact fix. The
proper fix would be to restructure Makefile.autootols.in to use make
to decide if targets are out of date and not shell checks.

 Ulf> I do not think that MAKELEVEL is a good variable
 Ulf> to detect if someone wants to do source-check
 Ulf> or external-deps.

Good or not - It worked where it didn't before.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard