[Buildroot] [buildroot 0002164]: DirectFB Fails with --enable-static option because of incorrect ld location

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Feb 16 23:50:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 07:27:40PM -0800, bugs at busybox.net wrote:
> Today i was trying to make arm926ejs toolchain with buildroot 4th feb
> snapshot. I added --enable-static option in directfb.mk file. During build
> i noticed that directfb is using root ld (/usr/bin/ld) instead of
> arm-linux-ld build by buildroot toolchain. i renamed /usr/bin/ld to
> /usr/bin/ld_orig and it failed with below error.
>
> Is there any way to make directfb makefile to consider buildroot toolchain
> built ld instead of /usr/bin/ld

> Making install in fbdev
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/project/original/bldrt/buildroot/build_arm/DirectFB-1.0.1/systems/fbdev'
[..]

It looks like some (re)linking is being done at install time. Modify
directfb.mk to pass the relevant compiler/linker flags during install as
well.

Where you see:

$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/libdirectfb.so: $(DIRECTFB_DIR)/.compiled
	$(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr -C $(DIRECTFB_DIR) install

change this to

	$(MAKE) $(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) DESTDIR=$(STAGING_DIR)/usr -C $(DIRECTFB_DIR) install

Please report if this works for you so that it can be checked in.

Hamish