[Buildroot] pciutils-2.2.6 fails to build for powerpc 405

Darcy Watkins DWatkins at tranzeo.com
Thu Feb 14 22:53:15 UTC 2008

For powerpc, we had to resort to building the kernel separate from
buildroot and then install it into the staging area.  It is a bit of a
hack.  I think that with kernel 2.6.24, the ppc stuff has mostly been
migrated to powerpc (at least I think the 4xx family has migrated).
This means that soon we should see much better powerpc architecture
support in projects like buildroot for the kernel.  I have found that
most packages I have used in buildroot have cross compiled OK (sometimes
with the odd bit of shoe horn work)

Regards,

Darcy