[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 15 22:42:34 UTC 2008

Le Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:07:38 -0800 (PST),
tpetazzoni at uclibc.org a écrit :

> TARGET_PATH didn't contain $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin, which means that
> programs installed in $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin were not considered for
> execution during Buildroot build process. This was a problem with host
> automake/autoconf/libtool, which could not be found.

BTW, I'm quite confused by the fact that we install host binaries and
target binaries in $(STAGING_DIR). It means that during the build, we
have target binaries considered for execution because they are in
$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin, which is the the PATH during Buildroot
execution.

Is there any reason for this ?

I would really find it cleaner to have a separate installation
directory for host tools (like toolchain_build_ARCH/bin which contains
a symlink to sed).

What do you think ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.