[Buildroot] at91sam9g20dfc_defconfig - no u-boot (mkimage)???

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Mon Dec 15 13:01:38 UTC 2008

> Hi guys...just downloaded the latest trunk to test the AT91SAM9G20 build.
> I notice that there is no u-boot monitor option under Ateml Device
> Support.  When I try to build it anyway, I get an error saying mkimage is
> not found...obviously because u-boot has not been built yet.
>
> Anyone else find this?
>
> Thanks, Matt.

I don't think U-Boot is supported in the main U-Boot tree,
and it is not supported in my u-boot-1.2.0 derivative.
The only U-boot version supporting the T91SAM9G20 is
the Atmel 1.1.5 derivative, which does not have a build script
in Buildroot.
I think that I built the SAM9260 first and then the SAM9G20
so mkimage was already there
You can do the same, by first build u-boot for the AT91SAM9260, which
and then build SAM9G20.

Since mkimage can be built using any architecture,
it should perhaps always be built using a "known" architecture.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson