[Buildroot] buildroot using glibc

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Dec 10 08:23:32 UTC 2008

Le Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:46:20 +0530,
"P Jagadeesh Maiya" <pjmaiya at signal-networks.com> a écrit :

>   I want to use buildroot built using glibc instead of ulibc. I have
> gone through entire mailing list archeive, but nowhere I am not
> getting any information or link to get patch for glibc. Can anyone
> provide any refernce for the patch so that buildroot can be used with
> glibc.

The simplest solution is to use an external toolchain. I already used a
Codesource glibc-based toolchain with Buildroot, and it worked nicely.
The only needed modification were :

 * Modifications to get external toolchains to work (I have sent a
   patch recently for this)

 * Specifying the proper values for the BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIB_C and
   BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_LIBS configuration variables.

If you want to *generate* a glibc-toolchain with Buildroot, it is
probably going to be a more tedious work. But if you happen to do that,
please submit patches!

Sincerly,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.