[Buildroot] disabling loadable module support

suffecool at comcast.net suffecool at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 15:57:19 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Today I tried to see the impact on kernel size by turning OFF loadable module support.  I typed:

% make linux26-menuconfig

and unchecked the "Enable loadable module support" menu option.

When I tried to recompile, I get the somewhat humorous error message:

The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
Then build a kernel with module support enabled.

Has anyone been able to build such a kernel using buildroot?  Thanks.

--Kev