[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/libgtk2

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:11:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:07:46PM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>Hi,
>
> Bernhard> This was recently changed (for the bad, imho).
> Bernhard> Previously, we had a "choice" for either of
>
> Bernhard>  XSERVER_none
> Bernhard>  XSERVER_xorg7
> Bernhard>  XSERVER_tinyx
> Bernhard>  XSERVER_xggi
>
>The xggi selecton should btw probably go as it doesn't exist.

Looks like i never applied libgg, libgii, libggi and xggi packages. My
bad. So yes, the last can be removed for now.

> Bernhard> With this scheme, you could quickly distinguish if and if yes then which
> Bernhard> xserver was selected:
>
> Bernhard>   depends on !BR2_XSERVER_none
> Bernhard> to depend on any xserver etc.
>
> Bernhard> Peter, was it you who changed this xserver choice? What was
> Bernhard> the rationale?
>
>Well, kinda:
>
>r22565:
>Author: jacmet <jacmet at 69ca8d6d-28ef-0310-b511-8ec308f3f277>
>Date:   Mon Jun 30 12:55:29 2008 +0000
>
>    packages: fix xorg to compile modular and tiny versions
>
>    Based on googlecode r558 by John Voltz.
>
>I have no problems reverting that hunk. I simply kept it as it was in
>googlecode to make it easier to sync later.

Of course i don't care, just wanted to give you a hint on why there was
such a choice.
If there is a superiour clean way to express this choice, then fine. I'm
not convinced that the method that is currently in svn actually _is_
superiour, though (since i don't know what it tried to fix).