[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/package/libgtk2

Daniel Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Tue Aug 26 13:32:13 UTC 2008

I will amend the Config.in to do as suggested:
Config.in
select CUPS if ......

and

libgtk2.mk
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_CUPS),y)
	LIBGTK2_DEPENDENCIES_EXTRA = cups
endif

However this does raise the wider issue of what should be auto selected and
what should be chosen
IMHO I feel CUPS is not a necessary thing for GTK??
Therefore why is it being autoselected for X builds.
If someone wants cups then they should select it in their configuration
file.
Packages that compile differently due to the selection of another package
could use something like:

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_CUPS),y)
	........ (--enable-cups) or whatever
endif

This I think is far better than someone building X and GTK and finding their
build fails because of cups.  If they want it they should enable it.

Dan laird