[Buildroot] ### ARM11 Buildroot for MX31

steve at fl-eng.com steve at fl-eng.com
Sat Aug 23 02:16:36 UTC 2008

Hello

I have downloaded the buildroot package and have built it for the ARM11
MX31 processor from Freescale. It is running with kernel 2.6.22

Everything compiles and loads up, I can get a login prompt for
username/password from the filesystem produced by buildroot.

However, I cannot seem to login. I assumed that the login would be "root"
and no password. I looked into the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files which
seemed to confirm that perhaps root(nopassword) and maybe user(user) was
also a login.

Can anyone provide some suggestions on what the login should be and,
ideally, how to reset it during the filesystem generation?

THe other thing I tried to do was pass init=/dev/sh and init=/dev/bash to try
to get a direct shell prompt. I don't think it was connecting to the MX31's
serial port because I never saw any outputs after the filesystem was
mounted. Is there a recommended way to force /dev/sh to appear on a ttyS0
(or actually ttymxc0 for the MX31)

Thank you

Steve Spano