[Buildroot] Errors on rootfs

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Mon Aug 11 07:25:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using buildroot to generate system for AT91SAM9263ek board.
Everything works fine except rootfs mount gives few errors when
mounting.

Maybe 20 errors like these:

[    1.133916] CLEANMARKER node found at 0x00060000 has totlen 0xc !=
normal 0x0

[    1.170913] CLEANMARKER node found at 0x00080000 has totlen 0xc !=
normal 0x0

And maybe 10 errors like these:

[    1.834864] jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found
at 0x002b73f0 0x90fa instead

[    1.843863] jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found
at 0x002b73f4 0xac8f instead

First errors seem to come from every block that is used for rootfs.

I'm using Samba/USB to program the rootfs to board. At the moment board
is Atmel's evaluation board. I verified before rebooting the board that
flash contained exactly the same image that there were supposed to be.
So for some reason buildroot generates broken rootfs or am I doing
something wrong? Block size is correct since filesystem is working just
fine except those errors on boot. They will stay on every boot.

I wouldn't mind that, but I need to get system up and running as fast as
possible and those errors take about 1.5seconds and in this case every
seconds count. ;)

Teemu K.