[Buildroot] Res: Python / Lua socket programming

Leonardo Giordano lgiordano at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:15:10 UTC 2008

Tiago,

Python is working fine on my host machine. I can do the examples at
Python Docs.
However, when tested on my target machine (using linux built with
buildroot), I see this:

#python
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Python 2.4.2 (#3, Aug  7 2008, 09:10:04)
[GCC 4.2.4] on linux2

Then I can import some modules, for instance "import math" and works fine.
However, when I do "import socket":

 >>>import socket
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?