[Buildroot] gdb debugger for atmel is not possible

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Aug 5 10:27:36 UTC 2008

  Use the Atmel fork of buildroot at www.atmel.no for AVR32. The upstream buildroot has mostly removed AVR32 support because it was breaking other stuff and the patches were huge.

  John

You need to build the external source version in mainstream.
Is that not building correctly in the current svn?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

  On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Matuschka, Sebastian <Sebastian.Matuschka at gcd-solutions.de> wrote:

    Hi,

    when I enable the Gdb debugger or server for the target (Atmel AVR32) i
    get the following message:
    configure: error: "*** Gdb does not support native target
    avr32-unknown-linux-uclibc"
    make[2]: *** [configure-gdb] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory
    `/atmel/buildrootWork/build_avr32/gdb-6.7.1-target'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory
    `/atmel/buildrootWork/build_avr32/gdb-6.7.1-target'
    make: *** [/atmel/buildrootWork/build_avr32/gdb-6.7.1-target/gdb/gdb]
    Error 2

    I'm using the most recent buildroot. How can I build gdb for avr32?
    Could someone add this to buildroot please?
    I attached my buildroot .config in case it is necessary.
    Thanks
    Sebastian