[Buildroot] my /etc/init.d/rcS won't run

Marc Gauthier marc at tensilica.com
Fri Aug 1 15:55:32 UTC 2008

We've also seen this in other architectures (Xtensa).
Turned out bash turns off a whole bunch of features when cross-compiled,
not sure why.  Someone worked around it by fiddling with the bash
configure script, IIRC.  But we haven't yet come up with a patch to
package/bash/bash.mk to fix it.  If you can do that, that would be great!
(Or, talk to bash maintainers and fix the configure script itself.)

Don't know if that's the same problem you're seeing here.  We haven't
sync'ed with the main buildroot tree in a few months.  So I could be
way off here...

-Marc