[Buildroot] x86 image for download

John Voltz john.voltz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:39:57 UTC 2008

I finally created a bootable x86 image using buildroot, and a lot of
hand-copying of files to my target dir. It's available for download if
anyone is interested, it could be a nice testbed to use. It has kernel
2.6.24.4, X windows, gtk, some games, festival tts, and WebKit.

It's available here in two flavors, qemu ext3 image or VMware vmdk virtual
disk:

ftp://64.31.81.93/

The qemu image is more flexible as it can be mounted independently and also
can be converted to vmdk using qemu-img.

It's mountable like this:
sudo mount -o offset=32256,loop buildroot.img temp

It can be converted to a vmware disk like this:
qemu-img convert buildroot.img -O vmdk buildroot.vmdk

John