[Buildroot] Buildroot login issue

Tiju Jacob jacob_tiju at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 04:46:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have compiled a kernel, version linux-2.6.24.4 using the toolchain at http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-sysroot/arm/ which is not a uClibc version. Then I have compiled a cpio file system using buildroot which has it own version of uClibc.

When I try to boot these images, I am not able to login. It comes back to the same login prompt when I login as root.

Could the difference in the toolchain versions cause this error?

Output:
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
registered taskstats version 1
Freeing init memory: 1108K

Welcome to the uClibc development environment.
DPB2440 login: root

Welcome to the uClibc development environment.
DPB2440 login:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
Tiju