[Buildroot] Example .configs?

p pmeloy at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 26 23:02:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 08:14 -0700, Arun Reddy wrote:
> P,
>
> If you find that you are missing packages and the build aborts, you will be told which package you're missing.

Ok, so no "make clean" needed after a failure? Phew!

I should have been more descriptive about the defconfig part. I don't
mean for the kernel (I have a kernel built already, its just a rootfs
that I need). I meant for selecting packages.

For instance, I want to get a WIMP interface going it would be great if
I could do a make qtopia_defconfig and have that select the packages
required for a rootfs that includes qtopia. As it stands how I just tell
menuconfig to hide the busybox supplied bits then read each item's help
entry to see if it sounds like it is something I need to have. I know
this is more an issue of not knowing linux well enough than anything
else but it would sure be convenient.

On a related note, the help entries really need to be more verbose!
"libwhatsit - provides libwhatsit utilities" makes it rough on us poor
newbies - makes our brains hurt (worse than they already do!)