[Buildroot] Example .configs?

Arun Reddy reddyac at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:14:43 UTC 2008

P,

If you find that you are missing packages and the build aborts, you will be
told which package you're missing. In many cases, the build will simply stop
and you can use an apt-get to obtain an appropriate package the build
process needs to complete. In other cases there is a variable stored within
a make file for a package that buildroot downloads itself (wget), which is
out of date. That is, the repository no longer holds that version, so you
can manually go in and change the .mk file to change that variable.

As for the kernel problem, I also did a make defconfig as well, however I
manually added in my drivers by looking up my embedded device's
specifications. John's suggestion is the best thing to follow in your case,
since you can find out what drivers to include using that advice.

Always know that you never have to "repeat"  a build process if one thing is
wrong with buildroot (package, bug, etc). There may always be a problem with
buildroot but your progress in the build process will always be saved so you
can continue it at a later time once you've fixed the bug or package
problem.

You might also look up packages online before installing them to understand
their dependencies, and manually get those packages as well. I should add
whenever you add a package don't forget to apt-get update.