[Buildroot] Improper device nodes createdinsideproject_build_arm/uclibc/root/dev/

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Apr 23 18:09:57 UTC 2008

Hi,

 Ulf> You could generate scripts to build all packages...

 Ulf> Then you can remove ALL package/*/*.mk.

 Ulf> I do not think this is an improvement.

 Ulf> Why is it better to run a script than to be able to configure to
 Ulf> generate an SD-Card as part of the make?

Sure, but where to stop? I think most if not all disk based needs are
covered by the existing tar/ext2/ext3 support.

Adding more config options for really specialized stuff doesn't
increase usability imho.

 >>> I still think it's needless bloat.

 Ulf> Do you generate SD-Cards images or not?
 Ulf> Have a feeling you here define bloat as something you do not use.

Not in a current project, no - But I have (or rather CF cards, but
that's the same). What's the problem with the existing ext2 support?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard