[Buildroot] Improper device nodes createdinsideproject_build_arm/uclibc/root/dev/

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Apr 23 17:03:36 UTC 2008

>I have my own script for that, formats the sdcard, mounts it and
> extracts the tar.
>
> One could have a similar script in ~/buildroot/scripts for that, like
> the one we have for the ext3 images. Then just point it out, no need
> to have it on the make targets.

You could generate scripts to build all packages...

Then you can remove ALL package/*/*.mk.

I do not think this is an improvement.

Why is it better to run a script than to be able to configure to
generate an SD-Card as part of the make?

>>  Hi,
>>
>>   Ulf> Using the tarball is a manual process.
>>   Ulf> Manual processes are error-prone.
>>
>>  Well, if you can type make, then you can probably also type tar xvf
>>
>>   Ulf> I agree that it is dangerous though, and needs to be carefully
>>   Ulf> thought through.
>>
>>  I still think it's needless bloat.

Do you generate SD-Cards images or not?
Have a feeling you here define bloat as something you do not use.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson