[Buildroot] Improper device nodes createdinside project_build_arm/uclibc/root/dev/

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Apr 22 18:47:46 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> Ulf> Maybe we should have a configuration item allowing this to happen
> Ulf> automatically using "sudo".
>
> I respectfully disagree. It doesn't add anything to using the tarball
> option, and it opens up a can of worms (system libs getting
> overridden).
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Using the tarball is a manual process.
Manual processes are error-prone.
I agree that it is dangerous though, and needs to be carefully thought through.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57