[Buildroot] Error:"Staging_dir/lib/libc.so.0: could not read symbols:file in wrong format" while "make" buildroot with xscale, gcc-4.2.3

Li Liang li.liang at neomeridian.com
Tue Apr 22 15:04:15 UTC 2008

I have struggled with this problem for few days. Actually I found a similar
subject in

http://busybox.net/lists/buildroot/2007-October/005854.html

However, I checked the mentioned patch in that thread, it actually applied to
the gcc-4.2.3. Unfortunately, the issue wasn't be solved. Moreover, I couldn't
find further useful info regarding to this problem. I really appreciate if
anyone could tell me the solution. If any further log or info could help to
diagnose this issue,please don't hesitate to ask me. Thank you very much in
advance.

~LL