[Buildroot] Improper device nodes created insideproject_build_arm/uclibc/root/dev/

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Tue Apr 22 01:58:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

> The build process is not intended to create proper device nodes on
desk (non-root user can't do that)
i have logged into console with su root. i am using root shell for this

root at guru_vlinux:/opt/buildroot_plain# whoami
root

>You could mount a generated image file somewhere via the loopback
device.

>Finally you could use something other than NFS root, if you don't need
to write back to it. Perhaps have your boot loader load a ramdisk via
tftp.
yes i tried this and this is working fine. But i am doing a development
project and i need to update the root all the time. so i use NFS boot.

>Alternatively you could add a new target output format for NFS root.
I need to do little study for this. once i know abt this i will try to
create a patch and send it to buildroot.

Regards
Gururaja