[Buildroot] gcj on any platform

Azra Aiyl azraiyl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:12:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

While looking through this archive I can see at least 3 persons who
try to compile a gcj (they got no answers). I've tried the same thing
for ppc and i386 but always get the same compile error. While googling
i was able to collect the following statements.

- libgcj needs unicode
- uClibc does not support unicode
- glibc supports unicode
- glibc does not support full statical linking

I conclude from this statements:

- it is currently not possible no build a gcj with uclibc
- nor is it possible to build a statically linked programm with
glibc-gcj and let it run on a platform with uclibc

If anyone here says I'm wrong then I'll try to build it on my own