[Buildroot] Editing filesystem files

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Apr 12 09:22:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 01:43:20PM +0200, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:

> > Dependencies between files in the root and the target_skeleton would be
> > preferable. This would detect everything other than file deletions.
>
> Yes, but it would be quite heavy to put it all in a make file, with the risk
> of forgetting something. I'm okay with the idea of the root being rebuilt

There's no need to list all the files in the Makefile; you can use
$(wildcard ...) to generate the list dynamically. Although I haven't
tried to do this for a whole tree.

> from scratch, but how do you trigger that ? As you say, even deleting it
> completely won't copy some of the skeleton back. What can we 'touch' to make
> this happen ?

With external toolchain it seems to be safe to delete most (if not all)
of the project_build_xyz/abc/root directory. I don't have a good answer
to your question though. Personally I would like to have proper
dependencies so that I don't need to do an explicit re-copy operation.

Hamish