[Buildroot] [BUG] some issues building for ARM1176JZF-S

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer at gmx.de
Sat Apr 12 09:16:27 UTC 2008

Stefan Gehrer wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am just starting with buildroot and try to build for an ARM11 based
> system. Building the toolchain and kernel was smooth, there were just
> some issues in individual packages. When I will get more used to
> buildroot I hope I will be able to send patches, but at the moment
> I just try my best in reporting:
>
> When building package grep-2.5.1, linking in build_arm/grep-2.5.1/src
> failed with unknown references to libintl_gettext. Adding -lintl to
> the Makefile's CC line helped as a workaround.
>
> After building libogg-1.1.3, the copying of the libraries to the
> staging_dir does not work as the source directory assumption is
> wrong. My workaround was to run following command in
> build_arm/libogg-1.1.3:
> ln -s src/.libs lib
>
> Linking of package libvorbis-1.2.0 failed with
> libtool: install: error: relink `libvorbisenc.la' with the above command
> before installing it
> Just running make a second time worked.
>
> Before package SDL-1.2.13 was built, buildroot tried to create
> a symbolic link staging_dir/include/directfb.
> staging_dir/include did not exist at that point so that failed.
> Creating staging_dir/include by hand helped
>
> Now I am stuck compiling util-linux-2.12r with following errors
> umount.c:45: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before
> 'umount2'
> umount.c:45: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'path'
> umount.c:45: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'flags'

I patched one line in util-linux-2.12r/mount/umount.c and it compiled,
not sure if it is right though:

-#if defined(MNT_FORCE) && !defined(__sparc__) && !defined(__arm__)
+#if defined(MNT_FORCE) && !defined(__sparc__)
/* Interesting ... it seems libc knows about MNT_FORCE and presumably
    about umount2 as well -- need not do anything */
#else /* MNT_FORCE */

By the way, this is all with current SVN checkout.

Best regards
Stefan Gehrer