[Buildroot] Cant get mplayer to build on x86 unless CFLAGS has -fomit-frame-pointer

Adam Hawes adam at infocab.com.au
Fri Sep 28 06:35:42 UTC 2007

> Has anyone had success getting mplayer to build on an x86. I had to
>  modify the .mk file to include -fomit-frame-pointer in the CFLAGS.
>
> CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS) -fomit-frame-pointer" \
>
> Is this required because of something else going on with uclibc I can look into?
> Is there a better way to include this CFLAG?

This just arrived at my inbox but it's dated 23/9; you might try
checking your clock :)

Ulf (I think) submitted a patch to do this already; you must be using an
older revision of buildroot.  Search the mailing list.  It's nothing to
do with uClibc - it was something in uClibc.  There is a lengthy
discussion of it.

> Would it interfere with other builds and make them break?

Omitting the frame pointer makes debugging nigh-on impossible.