[Buildroot] native GCC not found in HEAD

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Tue Sep 25 23:39:14 UTC 2007

ons 2007-09-26 klockan 00:38 +0200 skrev Ulf Samuelsson:
> ons 2007-09-26 klockan 00:05 +0200 skrev Bernhard Fischer:

> > >Yes, all the version info for gcc,binutils,uclibc etc. are gone
> > >with Bernhards changes.
> >
> > The logic in your target/device/Toolchain.in looks a bit flawed to my
> > untrained eyes.
> >
> Not if you assume that  there will eventually be several versions.
> You are making things worse from my point of view.

As an additional item.
When you remove the Toolchain Build options ,you lose all capability to
configure the externally downloaded toolchain.

All toolchain *.mk depends on GCC_VERSION / BINUTILS_VERSION etc.
having a value and there is no way you can complete
a build without them.

The only reasonable thing is to go back to how it was before.

After this, I would appreciate if you did not commit
things which is AVR32 related unless you do some testing before.
It is unavoidable that failures will occur from time to time,
as a result of commits but you clearly did not see the implications of
your change and has not done *any* testing selecting AVR32 as a target.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson