[Buildroot] Multiprojects

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Sep 10 22:14:28 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darcy Watkins" <DWatkins at tranzeo.com>
To: <buildroot at uclibc.org>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 10:51 PM
Subject: [Buildroot] Multiprojects

> Hello,
>
> Newbie question here...
>
> To support multiple projects, I can change the project name using
> menuconfig and save the updated .config.
>
> If I save them as proj1.config, proj2.config, etc. is there a command
> line option or variable name I can set when invoking make to tell it to
> choose the correct project's file?

Yes, and No ...
I sent in an RFC for such a patch

$ make saveconfig

will save project in
project/<board>/<board>.config

$ make BOARD=<board>

will use

project/<board>/<board>.config

instead of

.config

I am thinking of using another directory than "project" though.

Search the archives for mails from me during the last two weeks.

> ...or do I just have to load up the file into menuconfig and save it as
> .config and then run make for each case?
>
> Thanks
>
> Darcy

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson