[Buildroot] Some devices are not created in the ext2 filesystem.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Sun Oct 14 17:31:55 UTC 2007

Hi, Ivan:

Your guess was right: I have learnt that udev is used in my build indeed
and my (proprietary) driver doesn't bother to register its nodes with
sysfs filesystem. Now everything is clear thank you.

For the time being (I didn't want to change code just yet) I added mknod
commands to rcS file, so necessary nodes are created upon restart.

I also see some error from udev:

Populating /dev using udev: cannot open /dev/null
done

/dev/null is certainly present:

# ls -al /dev/null
crw-rw----    1 root     root       1,   3 Dec 31 17:00 /dev/null