[Buildroot] ARM soft-float toolchain build crashes 20071004

Gertjan Hofman gertjan_hofman at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 17:17:10 UTC 2007

Dear bernard,

Sorry for the slow response. Aside from a long weekend
here, it takes a while to run through various
compilations from scratch. I am never sure that the
various make cleans work properly so I often end up
restarting a buildroot build from the tar file,
leading to long download & compile times.

If I copy the  integrator926_defconfig file as .config
the make indeed works fine. So I suspect it's your
different uclibc config file which makes it work.

This is what I find difficult about BuildRoot - you
choose an option in make menuconfig and it has an
effect on a package that now needs a different config
as well - but unless you familiarize your self with
each package and create config files seperately, this
is not a simple task.

I note your file compiles for EABI by default. I tried
 setting back to OABI in the main config file and I
would have expected BuildRoot to remake the tool
chain. It doesnt.

If I get any further I will post the information.

Gertjan