[Buildroot] Package selection question

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Fri May 25 19:51:38 UTC 2007

Tom,
All,

On Friday 25 May 2007 21:23, Tom wrote:
> So, even after I unchecked busybox and all packages, it still builds gmp
> (and, unsuccessfully, mpfr). Why does it need it please and why is this
> an option then? Or am I doing something wrong here?

gmp and mpfr are needed to build gcc. They are to run on host, not on target.
Can you post the build logs for mpfr (and gmp if it also fails)?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. gcc-4.1.x and earlier require neither gmp nor mpfr.
    gcc-4.2.x require gmp and mpfr to build fortran (at least, may be others)
    gcc-4.3.x will require gmp and mpfr to build all frontends.
YEM.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |