[Buildroot] Package selection question

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri May 25 20:03:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 12:23:37PM -0700, Tom wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just want to build the toolchain and the debugger on host: cygwin,
>target: arm.
>
>So, even after I unchecked busybox and all packages, it still builds gmp
>(and, unsuccessfully, mpfr). Why does it need it please and why is this
>an option then? Or am I doing something wrong here?

gcc uses gmp/mpfr, you're doing nothing wrong. Please report build
failures of gmp/mpfr to the respective lists.

Before you report it to the mpfr folks, please paste the error here,
since i suspect that it could have to do something with the
binary/library name extensions, which (IIRC) we currently do not handle
at all (there's a bug somewhere about this, if memory serves me right).