[Buildroot] sshd always wants to change password

Wed May 16 11:37:48 UTC 2007

> On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 11:59:57AM +0200, fritz huber wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I'm working with buildroot from 2006-04-18 and kernel 2.6.12 on a ARM9
> system. Now i have a problem with the ssh deamon. I would like to use ssh
> with classic login. My problem:
> >
> >When i would like to login with a non-root user:
> >
> >sshd at 10.0.0.190's password:
> >WARNING: Your password has expired.
> >You must change your password now and login again!
> >passwd: This applet requires root priviledges!
> >Connection to 10.0.0.190 closed.
>
> 1) your password is set to expired, fix the expiration date.
> 2) configure busybox according to your needs (suid bits, busybox.conf)

Thank you for your answer.

1) When i login on the standard terminal with RS232 it works correct. Just with ssh i must change my passwords (doesn't matter witch account).

Here is the entry from my shadow file:
sshd:"PASSWORD":0:0:99999:7:::

All accounts have the same shadow-file entry (i mean the same numbers)

Here is the entry from my passwd file:
sshd:x:27:27:sshd-User:/home/sshd:/bin/sh

Best regards,
Fritz Huber