[Buildroot] kernel patch not applied

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at norway.atmel.com
Tue May 15 07:47:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 17:34 +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 05:25:53PM +0200, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:

<cut>

> >Aha, setting SHELL to /bin/bash makes this work, thanks.
> >
> >Perhaps the top level Makefile should modify SHELL for you?
>
> The user is supposed to set the environment he wants to use.
> This includes but is not limited to SHELL, HOSTCXX, HOSTCC, MAKE etc,
> etc.

I understand HOST..., MAKE, etc. But since some of the scripts really
depend on you using the bash shell, then I think it should be either
forced or at least given a warning when starting to build.

Will keep the noise a bit down on this email list if people know why
some parts of the build process fails :)

--
Mvh
Hans-Christian Egtvedt