[Buildroot] ARM EABI builds

Stuart Wood stuart.wood at labxtechnologies.com
Thu Jun 28 19:54:22 UTC 2007

Just a note on what Tom said about user land application. I've already
found that I had to add -march=armv4t to properly build my application, Just
because gcc was not using the right load register code for the data
size I wanted to read. It would use ldrw instead of ldrh. So, It would
help avoid those errors.

Stuart

Tom wrote:

> I did think about adding -mcpu=<cpu> to the build CFLAGS, but that is
> not going to help with the problem that libgcc is not going to be
> compiled correctly.

Why not? The kernel image, built with the same "incorrect" toolchain,
must have used only ARMv4 instructions. If it hadn't, I would have never
gotten far enough to even execute vprintf, libc. I would suspect that
the kernel does a better job of setting -mcpu, -mtune. Thus these
options should work for libc too. What makes you think that it wouldn't
work for libc, have you tried? (PS: Even if it did, bug #1406 is
probably the better fix, in particular as buildroot users might use its
toolchain to build their own code w/o always setting these options)