[Buildroot] problems building x86_64 target

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:08:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 09:28:56AM -0700, kevint wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am comfortable using gcc-4.2.0 now, so that is my new target.  I
>will try out your patch today and let you know how it goes.
>
>I am planning on adding a package for bproc, which includes a kernel
>patch, kernel module, and a few user space daemons and configs.  We
>currently have two supported kernels, 2.6.11 and 2.6.14.  I wrote a
>patch to the 2.6.11 source tree that adds the headers_install
>functionality and patched toolchain/kernel-headers/kernel-headers-
>new.makefile to include a 2.6.11 target, and it seems to work pretty
>well.  I will be doing the same for 2.6.14 later this week.  We are
>targeting 2.6.20 for our next bproc port, but that is a few months off.
>
>Is this something you would be interested in including in the
>buildroot project?

2.6.<20 is not interresting for me, personally. I'm currently using
2.6.20.x as my "unified" openswan/bproc/blcr/etc suite and do not
currently plan to move anything else than the very first onward, due to
time-constraints layed upon my scarse spare-time (not in the near future
nor else-wise; If you're interrested in any of these contact me
offline; Likewise if you have specific needs regarding lower-level
communication stacks, this is highly OT. Neither IB nor dolphin nor GM
et al are within the scope of this list, fwiw).

thanks anyway for the offer and nice to see you on-track.