[Buildroot] problem with openssh/samba

Tomohiro Masubuchi bucchi at e-ml.jp
Mon Jun 11 09:21:39 UTC 2007

Hi, Konsti.

>>> Ive been trying to compile openssh using buildroot, and just like
>>> samba, it compiles fine but any executable halts with "segmentation
>>> fault".
>
>> UCLIBC_HAS_PROGRAM_INVOCATION_NAME=y
>>
>> It works fine with arm(iwmmxt), gcc-4.2.0, binutils-2.17.50.0.16,
>> uClibc-0.9.29.
>
> Sadly this does not fix the smbd/nmbd issue. I can't check the fix for
> openssh, may be I install it for testing purposes.

I found the way of evading this problem.  The problem of openssh and
the problem of samba were due to another cause.

To solve this problem, patch this attachment file to uClibc-0.9.29,
and rebuild it.
It works with arm (iwmmxt,EABI) target, gcc-4.2.0, binutils-2.17.50.0.16,
and patched uClibc-0.9.29.
However, I am not confident about this way...

Regards,
Tomohiro