[Buildroot] Easier adding of new packages / alsa-lib & utils

Benjamin Tietz benjamin at micronet24.de
Fri Jun 8 17:47:28 UTC 2007

To 1) The main problem, I think, is that somebody has to maintain these
backup-addresses or to provide a backup-server containing all possibly
needed files. The rest of the problem is easy, as it can be solved
either by a scipt wrapping wget or by a File-downloading-rule caring
about backup-locations

To 2) This is a more difficult problem since you have to give the user a
chance to specify all supported versions. If you want to integrate it
into the current configuration-process you would have to specify a field
or list for every single package - Leaving the user alone with the
decision of hundred of different versions.

According to the introduction, we would have enough up to here :)

To 3) You have something like this, even if it could be improved. If you
"make package" the first time you build and install the package. If you
afterwards do "make package-clean" you remove it from the rootfs. Doing
"make package" again installs the stuff...

best regards