[Buildroot] Qtopia4 fails building - target stage tries to run target binaries on build machine

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Tue Jul 31 10:15:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 11:38 +0200, Thomas Lundquist wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:22:03AM +0200, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:
> >
> > As I said, it tries to execute moc, but moc is compiled for the target.
>
> Weird.
>
> > The problem arises when building the target Qtopia, it tries to use moc
> > et.al compiled for the target architecture. And when running a
> > big-endian AVR32 binary on my little-endian x86 laptop, it fails ;)
>
> But of course.
>
> the weird part is that the makefile was made for compiling qtopia on
> ARM, which means moc & co was compiled for the right platform(s).

Just to clearify something, is moc & co meant to be compiled for the
target architecture?

If not, I do not really understand why this is a two stage build.

> > Suggestions are very welcome, I am trying to clean up this package.
>
> I'll start working on fixing this right now.
> (Believe me, you'd like not to find out why it's as messy as it is.)

I have already dug a bit into it and have some suggestions when I
understand how it was ment to work. If you see a solution quickly, I
will gladly test a patch.

--
With kind regards,

Hans-Christian Egtvedt, siv.ing. (M.Sc.)
Applications Engineer - AVR32 System Solutions - Atmel Norway