[Buildroot] Redundant kernel patches in the snapshot from20070718

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:38:58 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:59:14AM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

Can we settle on the following procedure:

You provide a full patch that does the final migration to unpack and
patch a kernel for each project, install it's headers into the project
specific dir (from within target/linux/Makefile.in, if you prefer).
I'd like to review (and eventually discuss) this patch before it is
finally committed.

Whether you rm toolchain/kernel-headers or not (and how you deal with
kernel-headers-old vs. kernel-header-new) is up to you. I just want to
do this migration in one (tested) step.

Most of the needed steps do already exist, it's merely a matter of
unpacking the kernel in the project specific dir and decide how to
handle patches, i.e. whether to only apply exact patches or try to apply
them if they _could_ do the right thing.

Ok?