[Buildroot] [bug] util-linux

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sun Jul 29 06:24:20 UTC 2007

> Problem: building util-linux fails with umount.c: undefined reference to
> `xdr_string'
>
> One of the reasons is BR2_INET_RPC was not priorly enabled.
> BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL-LINUX should depend on BR2_INET_RPC.
> If BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL-LINUX (and implicitly BR2_INET_RPC) is enabled when
> the buildroot is already built, uclibc (and all other packages depending
> on uclibc) should also be rebuilt. WCHAR is also in there somewhere...

I guess one way would be to have a target which depends on ".config".
If triggered,
    it will build grep ".config" for the uClibc configuration stuff ,
      into "toolchain_build_dir/.uClibc.configuration-new"
    diff with "toolchain_build_dir/.uClibc.configuration-new"
        if not same, then touch toolchain_build_dir/.uClibc.rebuild"

> Oh dear, this is going nowhere :(
>
> Is there some sort of make target that will clean all that's built (and
> doesn't also clean my local modifications, dl-dir and stuff)?

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson