[Buildroot] Redundant kernel patches in the snapshot from 20070718

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at norway.atmel.com
Thu Jul 26 14:23:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am a bit confused to where I should put the kernel patch, there seems
to be two places expecting the same file.

toolchain/kernel-headers/kernel-headers-new.makefile expects them to be
in toolchain/kernel-headers.

target/linux/Makefile.in expects them to be in
$(BR2_BOARD_PATH)/kernel-patches.

AFAICT this is redundant, what is the need to put the same patches in a
board specific folder? Should the target/linux/Makefile.in first do the
patches in toolchain/kernel-headers and then
$(BR2_BOARD_PATH)/kernel-patches if it exists?

--
Mvh
Hans-Christian Egtvedt