[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: packagetarget/device/Atmel

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at norway.atmel.com
Thu Jul 26 07:01:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 00:49 +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > ulf at uclibc.org wrote:

<cut adding ATMEL_MIRROR and revert>

> While it is used for target/device/Atmel files, it is also needed
> to download binutils/gcc/gdb tarballs for AVR32 architecture support.
> If it is defined in target/device/Atmel, then it is not defined during
> the toolchain build. causing this to fail.
>
> The alternative is to submit a 7-10 MB patch+ for the buildroot tree
> with all the AVR32 architecture patches, which I thought was a bad idea.

I hope to get these patches smaller, many of them contain 90% hacking on
the automake system.

Right now they are roughly 8 MB for all the tools (gcc, binutils, gdb,
strace, uClibc and kernel). But this is in plain text, and they compress
well.

<cut location discussion>

--
With kind regards,

Hans-Christian Egtvedt, siv.ing. (M.Sc.)
Applications Engineer - AVR32 System Solutions - Atmel Norway
--
Mvh
Hans-Christian Egtvedt