[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: packagetarget/device/Atmel

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sun Jul 22 22:49:53 UTC 2007

> ulf at uclibc.org wrote:
>> Author: ulf
>> Date: 2007-07-22 10:17:03 -0700 (Sun, 22 Jul 2007)
>> New Revision: 19194
>>
>> Log:
>> ATMEL_MIRROR needs to be available before toolchain is built
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/buildroot/package/Makefile.in
>>    trunk/buildroot/target/device/Atmel/Makefile.in
>>
> Ulf,
>
> Please do not put any platform dependent code in the 'package/Makefile.in'
> file. It does not belong there. I will revert your change.

While it is used for target/device/Atmel files, it is also needed
to download binutils/gcc/gdb tarballs for AVR32 architecture support.
If it is defined in target/device/Atmel, then it is not defined during
the toolchain build. causing this to fail.

The alternative is to submit a 7-10 MB patch+ for the buildroot tree
with all the AVR32 architecture patches, which I thought was a bad idea.

If you don't like that location, you need to come up with a location
where to put the definition of ATMEL_MIRROR *before*
"include toolchain/*/*.mk" in the main Makefile

The main Makefile seems to be the only other suitable location.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson