[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target: linux-experimental

Steven J. Hill sjhill at realitydiluted.com
Fri Jul 20 13:48:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 04:27:45AM -0700, ulf at uclibc.org wrote:
> Author: ulf
> Date: 2007-07-20 04:27:45 -0700 (Fri, 20 Jul 2007)
> New Revision: 19179
>
> Log:
> Add experimental linux target option
>
> Added:
>    trunk/buildroot/target/linux-experimental/
>    trunk/buildroot/target/linux-experimental/Makefile.in
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/buildroot/target/Makefile.in

I wish you would have done a RFC for this before committing as I would
have rejected it. You are adding more complexity and more configuration
options to the system. If people want to do something special with their
Linux kernel, they should handle it in their own target specific
directory and override the variables LINUX_HEADERS_VERSION, LINUX26_DIR,
LINUX26_KCONFIG, LINUX26_BINLOC, etc. Please revert this patch. Also,
even if it were to stay in, you provided no documentation again.

-Steve