[Buildroot] error building toolchain with gettext /libintl

Hebbar gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Tue Jul 17 05:09:50 UTC 2007

Dear Ulf Samuelsson,

  Thnkx very much for the suggestion + patch + libxml2 update. i almost
solved that issue. but also i would like 2 mention 1 more thing that i
observed now.

 while building fontconfig/freetype, i found that -lxml2 is taken from
system /usr/lib whereas it is suppose to take from staging_dir/usr/lib. when
it is checking for -lxml2 it 1st searched from system /usr/lib & gave error
as invalid file format. i renamed the one in system /usr/lib to
old_libxml2.so & then "make fontconfig"  went on taking -lxml2 from
staging_dir/usr/lib. so i doubt many files like this are taken from system
/usr/lib than from staging_dir/usr/lib. kindly let me know if i need any
changes/updates.

Regards
Gururaja