[Buildroot] Install to /lib usr /usr/lib ?

Julien Letessier julien.letessier at technosens.fr
Thu Jul 12 15:48:30 UTC 2007

Dear buildroot maintainers,

For the relative newcomer I am, there seems to be a lot of
inconsistency in buildroot for package installation directories.

>From what I undrestand, the policy is to install packages:
* under $(STAGING_DIR)/{bin,lib,include} and $(STAGING_DIR)/{bin,lib}
for the toolchain (e.g. uclibc)
* under $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/{bin,lib,include} and
$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/{bin,lib} for other packages (e.g. gtk)

Is this correct?

If so, we have a problem.
Half the of the package/*/*.mk use one option, half use the other.
As I "svn uped" today, the fontconfig package I had a hard time
patching broke, because expat decided AGAIN to install directly under
/lib.

Please, please establish a clear policy on this, so we can start
submiting patches
--
Julien Letessier
<julien.letessier at technosens.fr>