[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/gcc

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:39:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 01:55:24PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>>> # Strip the host binaries
>>> ifeq ($(GCC_STRIP_HOST_BINARIES),true)
>>>- -strip --strip-all -R .note -R .comment $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/*
>>>+ if [ -e $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/*-gccbug ] ; then \
>>
>> testing for existance doesn't work on all solaris test(1).
>

>What will happen on a Solaris host then if this is found?
>Will [ -a <file> ] work?

KISS.
-f FILE
-x FILE

This place doesn't need anything but checking by one of the above.

>> What you really want is perhaps something like ifneq $((..$(wildcard..)),)
>>

>I believe ifneq is read in stage 1 of the Makefile, so this wont work either, right?

Could be that it doesn't work, yes. Didn't try since i regard it as
completely unimportant there.

We don't bail out on failures from strip, and if you are not interrested
in errors, then redirect stderr to /dev/null instead of needlessly
stat()ing around, IMO.